Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Christmas: Celebrating All 2010 Season!

I love the last half of the year... Fall for the fun and Christmas for the more thoughtful and family-oriented festivities.  We try to get our celebration on early, since we're normally with our families in Michigan at Christmastime. 

Here are some pictures of our holiday preparations this year!



So I have to preface these cookie pictures...Doug's Mom has a friend whose daughter did our wedding cakes.  She is a phenomenal baker and decorator.  Her attention to detail is unmatched!  I thought I would try my hand at cookies that looked like hers.  I learned that I don't have the patience to do this for a job, but it was fun to do at least once.  I may have to do them again soon.  My hand HURT from squeezing the icing bag... Yowza!

Can you spot the state of Michigan?


I was pretty impressed with my skills on this one, since I didn't use all the professional "fancy-schmancy" tools.  I think I might've used a Ziploc?


Family ornaments.



These are Shannon Winstead's cookies.  They're beautiful.  They're expensive.  They're worth the expense, in my opinion...





Ava girl checking out the ornaments, after we hung them.



Liam is deep in thought while hanging his ornaments...
Or maybe he is wondering why we bought an ornament "Made in China"?


Peace, love and warm snuggly houses dusted with snow,
Shelly, Doug, Ava and Liam

No comments: